Soochna Seva means Information Service in the literal sense, this aims to enable all Government and Non-Governmental programs and services to reach the common man. In the age of Digital revolutions, there are people still in the digital divide. Often certain schemes are launched for the benefit of people but they go unnoticed. Information about basic Health, Education, Employment and Agricultural schemes etc. enables people consider their options and apply for a scheme or invest in one. The library provides access to information about these services in its Resource Centre where a dedicated desk for Soochna Seva is placed. People can reach this place to know about the schemes that they can take up and also get their queries resolved.
Share This Page
- By far the largest state in India with population of 200 million.
- Sex ratio is 908 in UP as compared to 940 in India.
- Literacy rate is 70% as compared to 74% in India.
- Lowest urban literacy rate in UP at 77% amongst all states in India.
- Low female literacy rate in UP at 59% as compared to 65% in India.
- Literacy rate in urban areas for females in UP ranks 3rd from bottom after J&K & Rajasthan
- Maternal Mortality Rate (MMR per 100,000 births) in UP is 359 as compared to 212 for India and 127 for the four southern states.
- Infant Morality Rate (IMR per 1000 births) in UP is 71 as compared to 50 in India and 12 in Kerala.
- U5MR (Under 5 Mortality Rate per 1000 births) in UP is 94 as compared to 64 in India and 14 in Kerala.
- 94% enrollment of children in school in age group 6-14.
- 48% children in private schools in UP.
- 57% students in class 5 cannot read class 2 books (Hindi).
- 80% students in class 5 cannot divide & 60% cannot subtract.
- Average attendance in UP schools about 56% on a given day.